Tuesday, February 05, 2013

You heard it here second

News! News! So much news I've been too busy actually doing stuff to talk about it. But here are a couple of cool things coming up in the next few months:

On March 13, I'll be reading at the Chiaroscuro Reading and Workshop series along with Peter Watts, Kate Story and Kari Maaren on the ukulele. As with all the readings in the series it'll begin at 8 PM at the Augusta House at 152 Augusta Ave., Toronto. I'm not sure what I'll be reading yet, but I'm leaning towards "Heroic Measures" since it's a good length and is going to be in Prime's Superheroes anthology coming out next month.

In April, Bundoran Press is going to be launching The Salt and Iron Dialogues, a novella-length prequel to Fall From Earth, as an e-book at Ad Astra in Toronto. I'll write a bit more about it closer to the event but for now I'll just say that this is a story that's been percolating for a long time -- since I started the first draft of Fall From Earth, in fact -- and I think works both as a further insight to the world and characters of that book and as a standalone work.

No comments: