Sunday, April 13, 2008

Everything old is new again

Two new stories begin their second lives this week. First, "Outside Chance" is up at Afterburn SF; this was a story that got some positive notices when it was first published in On Spec, so I'm glad to see it in front of more eyeballs. Second, I just got the proofs for the fourth issue of A Thousand Faces, which reprints "Heroic Measures." It also includes an introduction where editor Frank Byrns says much kinder things about me than I deserve.

So are my best days behind me? Well, probably... but I did just make my first sale of 2008: "Upon The Waters" sold to Triangulation: Taking Flight, after a round of edits that made it a much stronger story. (Sometimes a hands-on editor is a very good thing.) Last year's Triangulation anthology had a lot of great stories, so I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

Matthew

No comments: